- WHERE SEE WE POTENTIAL
Ekopak is first and leading licensed packaging recovery organisation in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Ekopak is a pioneer in Bosnia and Herzegovina in the process of establishment and development of the packaging and packaging waste management system
Ekopak is founded by leading international, regional and local companies
Operations of Ekopak are based on best EU practices, but also on highest business standards which are in accordance with the standards of the shareholders
Ekopak takes responsibility for the fulfillment of legal obligations for producers, importers, distributors and retailers at the lowest sustainable cost and for the benefit of the entire community
Principle of Ekopak is equal treatment for all - the shareholders of Ekopak have neither special status
Employees of Ekopak perform their tasks fully professionally, responsibly, transparently and according to highest ethical standards which are in compliance with all legal requirements
Ekopak is 32. member of the PROEUROPE - European umbrella organisation for the packaging and packaging waste recovery systems, based in Brussels
Ekopak is authorised to assign an internationally trademark "Green dot" to companies that behave responsible towards their packaging waste on the market of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Any usage of the symbol on the market of Bosnia and Herzegovina without exclusive permission from Ekopak is violation of the current legislation
"Green Dot" on the packaging means that company who uses it fulfills its legal obligations through Ekopak, finances the establishment of system of separate collection and recycling of packaging waste in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
Rapid technological development, population growth and modern lifestyle on a daily basis increase production of waste that finally ends up usually on landfill
Not taking into account the illegal landfills in BiH, simply waste disposal areas take up huge portions of space in the nature, and even if they are built by the strict standards, they do not represent the final solution to the problem of waste disposal. On landfills, waste resolves creating byproducts that usually self-combustive and they pollute the soil, water and air thus jeopardizing people's health.
We have selected several simple and easy pieces of advice for you on how every individual can reduce the amount of waste and energy consumption within their household which finally results in environmental protection, preservation and improvement.
Practical advice on waste reduction:
- Buy only the necessary products
- Avoid buying single use disposable products such as wet towels, razors, plastic utensils and plates etc.
- Instead of using plastic bags, use canvas bags when going shopping
- Refill the hygienic products rather than buy them in their packaging
- Use chargeable batteries rather than disposable ones
- Give away your old clothes rather than throwing it away
- Buy products made of recycled materials or packed in Eco friendly packaging
How to reduce energy consumption?
- Instead of driving, walk or use public transportation
- Turn the lights out in the empty rooms in the household
- Use energy saving light bulbs and electrical appliances
- Enhance your household isolation rather than heating system
We believe that you will accept at least some of the advice and that they are going to become your habit, and the environment will be very grateful for that.